Goodreads Books

Tina's books

I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
The Color of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother
The Twits
The Hobbit
Insurgent
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Mark of Athena
The Son of Neptune
The Fat Boy Chronicles
Shug
Thirteen Reasons Why
Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
The False Prince
Stargirl
The Lover's Dictionary
Flipped
Point Blank


Tina's favorite books »

Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Infinite Moment of Us


I chose this book because of the pretty cover. Also because it's a love story and the last love story I read (excluding The Lover's Dictionary, that one doesn't apply for the situation here) was The Fault In Our Stars. I guess that's why this book isn't wowing me as much as I had hoped. The Infinite Moment of Us, what a cliche love story this is. A guy and girl, complete opposites. Charlie, the guy, who knows exactly what he wants, and Wren, the girl, who doesn't know what she wants at all. She is literally controlled by her parents and lives to make them happy. Her parents don't know what she likes, hates, and wants to do. And not to make this story any cheesier or anything but she happens to be one of those girls with the best friend who's super outgoing and beautiful, but Wren is also secretly beautiful too but no one notices her because she doesn't speak out. Oh, but fear not because there's that one sketchy boy named Charlie who rarely speaks to anyone but is secretly kind who supposedly is madly in love with Wren. "She smiled slightly, and they held each other's gaze. He still couldn't believe she was here, or that he was here. That they were here together." (Myracle 22).  This quote can be taken as a really sweet thing to say, but they're actually at a hospital because Charlie cut his finger, and Charlie thought it was some kind of  fateful meeting, and they sorta had a conversation but most of it was him think Wren was adorable, and Wren not laughing at his jokes. He watches her constantly and the way he describes her is more stalker-ish rather than romantic, considering the fact that he barely talks to her and kinda just watches from afar.

And that's where I stopped reading. I really truly honestly hope that this story gets better and doesn't continue to be the cheesy love story it's slowly becoming. I should actually stop being so harsh... I'm just disappointed that this book isn't turning out to be a super cute and exciting love story I was hoping it to be. I will most likely update this post when I finish the book and give a full review, based of the whole book entirely.

1 comment:

  1. I really loved reading your description of this book. I don't read many love stories and when I do I just end up getting bored because everyone knows what happens. The description is how I think of a lot of love stories and it was refreshing to read about the flaws of a book rather than how amazing it was.

    ReplyDelete