Goodreads Books

Tina's books

I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
The Color of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother
The Twits
The Hobbit
Insurgent
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Mark of Athena
The Son of Neptune
The Fat Boy Chronicles
Shug
Thirteen Reasons Why
Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
The False Prince
Stargirl
The Lover's Dictionary
Flipped
Point Blank


Tina's favorite books »

Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Lover's Dictionary


I've started reading the famous, most interesting and captivating book; The Lovers Dictionary. It is from the point of view of a guy, and he is describing his relationship with a girl through a series of entries in a dictionary similar format. His entries start out about words that start with "A" and continues down the alphabet, each story pertaining to the word listed. So far, I'm on the letter C. I love how this book has a unique writing style, and a realistic story line. The topic was quite intriguing and I had heard a lot about this book from my friends.

At first, I didn't  understand what was going on, but once you get used to the different format, the story gets really intriguing and beautiful. "aloof, adj. It has always been my habit, ever since junior high school, to ask that question: "What are you thinking?" It is always an act of desperation, and I keep on asking, even though I know it will never work the way I want it to." (Levithan 11).  There are ups and downs, cute moments and sad moments, and the writing is extremely deep and leaves you thinking about the story constantly. The characters are very real, and genuine, like people who could actually exist. Overall I think this book is really good so far and I am excited to see what's to come!

Update:

I finished the book and I melted into a puddle.
It gets a lot better when you get the hang of the format, and it's become one of my favorite books.
Now shoo get off my blog and go read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment