Goodreads Books

Tina's books

I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
The Color of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother
The Twits
The Hobbit
Insurgent
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Mark of Athena
The Son of Neptune
The Fat Boy Chronicles
Shug
Thirteen Reasons Why
Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
The False Prince
Stargirl
The Lover's Dictionary
Flipped
Point Blank


Tina's favorite books »

Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Best and Worst thing about It's Kind of a Funny Story

Haha fun fun.
Craig describing how he feels

The best thing about this book is the straight forward comments that Craig makes.
It's so real, his depression. 
It's like you're in his head, listening to his thoughts, understanding what he's going through. 

Craig's character development is phenomenal as well. When he acts, you can almost predict what he will do because it feels like you know him. I really hope to see how he grows throughout the book.

Hm... Now, I'd have to say the worst thing about this book is the dialogue. It's sort of...cliche? Like at one point Craig is with his group of friends and they keep going, "Son!" or "Pass it, son." I don't think that people say "son" anymore. Or at least not a lot. I find the conversations awkward, and hard to follow, sometimes I need to stop and reread to figure out who is talking. It might be the personalities of these people, maybe it's just me, I don't know. I like the book nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment