Goodreads Books

Tina's books

I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
The Color of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother
The Twits
The Hobbit
Insurgent
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Mark of Athena
The Son of Neptune
The Fat Boy Chronicles
Shug
Thirteen Reasons Why
Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
The False Prince
Stargirl
The Lover's Dictionary
Flipped
Point Blank


Tina's favorite books »

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Last Spurt

Ooh, it's the last post of the semester. How exciting.

I must say, I haven't read as many novels as I would've liked to. However, I did read The Lover's Dictionary, and Forged, and am currently reading It's Kind of a Funny Story. I didn't exactly have a specific reason to pick these books, it sort of just happened. I was supposed to read The Lover's Dictionary for my summer reading project, but it came late in the mail so I was forced to switch books. Forged was only because it was the sequel to Chains, and I'm only currently reading It's Kind of a Funny Story because the book I had my eyes on for the book swap was claimed right before my very eyes, leaving me with no choice but to pick a random book. No regrets though, haha.
I've also read a plethora of random things. Packets about composers from Orchestra, chapter after chapter in my boring history textbook, as well as (not sure if this would count) multiple folktales from my mandarin class. I've liked all the things I've read, (except for the history stuff) and even though some things didn't work out the way they were supposed to, I'm very glad I got to read the amazing things that I did.

My blogging in the beginning was pretty stiff. I really just spat out information, keeping it formal and totally defeating the purpose of a blog post. Now, I'd like to think I have a lot more voice and I'm more friendly. I mean, I'm not naturally a funny type of person, so bringing humor and showing my personality through my writing was hard, but I did my best, and hopefully you will be able to see it threaded through my posts. Up until around 4 blog posts ago, all I would ever do is write book summaries. Now, I've learned to branch out and write about different topics, which definitely will make my posts more interesting and less repetitive. That's nice.

Okayy, continuing on... I have literally been late when writing all my blog posts and comments. I put them off, thinking I can easily do them later. What a fool I am. For me, blogging is soo tedious, I literally sit in the chair for an hour typing, deleting, retyping, flipping through pages, rushing to get a post done. I'm disappointed in my time management, and baffled by how badly I procrastinated. Can I just say that it's like, the night before this post is due and I'm writing it now? I. Regret. Everything. It's only the first semester, and as a lowly freshmen in a busy high school environment, I should have lots of time. So one thing I plan on improving is definitely turning these posts in on time. (Because it's gonna seriously effect my grade). Also, I hope to be able to write about different topics. In the beginning of the school year, we were given a list with a large number of prompts, so I have plenty of ammo. One last thing is to read more. Just kidding. I hope to read books that I wouldn't normally pick up. Because the books that are totally out of my reading level, I do hope to read them someday. So I will start slowly, but surely I will build onto my vocabulary (as you can tell, my vocab is quite limited...) while reading, and become a stronger and more independent reader! I know I still have so much more to learn, and I hope to share that with everyone in the second semester.

And on that note, ugh yes, I am finally done with the last post. (Of the first semester).

No comments:

Post a Comment