![]() |
| The Raven Boys book cover |
There are multiple main characters in this book- Blue, the female heroine, and her Raven boys, Gansey, Adam, Ronan, and Noah.
In this post I plan on focusing more on Gansey. More specifically, Richard "Dick" Campbell Gansey III. He's my favorite character.
Gansey's a polite, headstrong young man who goes to Aglionby Academy. His appearance is more clean and polished, he's smart, cool, and kind. He's like the real life Barbie Ken. When Blue first saw him, she called him Mr. President because of his professional dressing style. One of Blue's relatives even referred to him as "the Pretty One".
I hope you get the idea.
Anyhow, Gansey isn't just a beautiful person on the outside. Nope. Personally, I think that his personality is something way more intriguing and pleasant. He's is witty and often times has a clever remark ready, yet he is also kind and thoughtful, treating everyone (unless they're evil) politely. Gansey is also very mature and business like, making it easy for him to communicate with grown ups, and deal with Ronan.
"When Gansey was polite, it made him powerful. When Adam was polite, he was giving power away."" (Stiefvater 131).
However, Blue (Gansey calls her Jane because he thinks Blue is a weird name) thinks he's annoying because he's somewhat ignorant with his words even though he means well. (This is when he is dealing with money... to him it is no big deal, however Blue's family is not exactly doing well in terms of wealth). I think that is one of his faults.
Hm, as a personal connection, unfortunately, I don't think that I am very great with my words. I have a lot of run on sentences, sometimes my mouth runs faster than my brain, and when I'm nervous I stutter. Sucks. Although I do think that I am relatively nice to people I meet, (hopefully!) and I do my best to treat them kindly.
Haha, The Raven Boys is an amazing book, as well as a series! Blue Lily, Lily Blue has finally come out and I'm soo excited to read it.
Gansey's a polite, headstrong young man who goes to Aglionby Academy. His appearance is more clean and polished, he's smart, cool, and kind. He's like the real life Barbie Ken. When Blue first saw him, she called him Mr. President because of his professional dressing style. One of Blue's relatives even referred to him as "the Pretty One".
I hope you get the idea.
Anyhow, Gansey isn't just a beautiful person on the outside. Nope. Personally, I think that his personality is something way more intriguing and pleasant. He's is witty and often times has a clever remark ready, yet he is also kind and thoughtful, treating everyone (unless they're evil) politely. Gansey is also very mature and business like, making it easy for him to communicate with grown ups, and deal with Ronan.
"When Gansey was polite, it made him powerful. When Adam was polite, he was giving power away."" (Stiefvater 131).
![]() |
| A drawing of Gansey |
Hm, as a personal connection, unfortunately, I don't think that I am very great with my words. I have a lot of run on sentences, sometimes my mouth runs faster than my brain, and when I'm nervous I stutter. Sucks. Although I do think that I am relatively nice to people I meet, (hopefully!) and I do my best to treat them kindly.
Haha, The Raven Boys is an amazing book, as well as a series! Blue Lily, Lily Blue has finally come out and I'm soo excited to read it.






















No comments:
Post a Comment